Tuesday 11 October 2016

Good Morning - more work on lino prints

In the past few weeks I have been making some headway on my small book project Good Morning/How Are You? As I mentioned in a previous post, this will be a series of very limited edition (10 each) multilingual handmade books. The concept is existential with images to be reflections of comfort, companionship and renewal.


The first three books in the series will be in English, Irish and Spanish. I had to redo one of the Irish lino blocks because I had miss-spelled the Irish for Good Morning - i.e., Maidin Mhaigh is correct.


I was happy with the new test print.


With my trusty bone folder, I scored the margins for all the pages that the lino block images/texts will be printed on. This took awhile, as the Strathmore paper is quite heavy.


I also set up a more careful registration system - I had just been eyeballing it on the test prints.


Printing without a press has its own satisfactions.


Conas atá tú? means "how are you?" in Irish.  


One of the images for the books is two mugs.


A teapot is the ultimate symbol of comfort for me.


I had a good day of printing today! Here some prints are drying on the living room floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment