Wednesday 29 March 2017

Knocksink Woods - sketches

We have had some gorgeous weather over the past few weeks and, as I mentioned in previous posts, I have had the opportunity to enjoy some shinrinyoku in the nearby Knocksink Woods of Enniskerry. As well as foraging for wild garlic to make pesto, I have also been taking the chance to do some research for a project that I am at the early stages of.


I am excited to be going to a one day printmaking workshop at The Print Museum, Dublin this Sunday and in preparation I wanted some sketches of stick forms.


I am not sure if prints created at this workshop will make their way into my final project, but at very least they will be additional research.


 The project involves making books (these sketches are in one of my handmade sketchbooks), prints, and some natural elements like sticks and stones.



These pencil sketches are true to the stick forms that they represent, but by focusing only on the sticks, leaving out their surrounding environment, they have become very abstract.



No comments:

Post a Comment