Wednesday 3 February 2021

new painting started!

 As I mentioned in a previous post, my studio had descended into total chaos in the run-up to the holiday season, so I spent most of this month tidying, putting things away and reorganising my supplies. I had put up this pressed cloth, at least six months ago, earmarked for a new painting in my current series, Memory Is My Homeland, with the intention of painting my thoughts on the second house I lived at in Kerry in the mid-1990s, Knockeen. 


I eventually got the area cleared. The composition sketch, visible on the right, and the cloth has been waiting patiently for me to start work.


Finally, by the end of last week, I started work. I blocked in where I wanted things to be, making changes to the original composition along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment