Wednesday 2 July 2014

African Flower Blanket

I have had tendonitis since May, so I have not been able to work on my crochet for awhile now. I am chomping at the bit to get back to it! I estimate that I have at most only one fifth of the African flowers that I need to make the big blanket that I want. Here is the jumble that I am working with:


I spread the flowers over the duvet to get an idea of how much space they would take up and an idea of how they would go together.


I took another photo with the flash to see if it would show the colours better. You get an idea of the foreground flowers anyway. My design is to have random and non-repeating colours on two of the layers but the petals are always red and the outline is always cream.


They are going to be crocheted together so that there is a small ridge where they join. I like this look. Hopefully I will get to work on it soon! I have to start joining and continue making more flowers. In the meantime, my great niece's birthday is coming up soon, so I have to finish her bag - just the drawstring and the pompoms to complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment