Wednesday 9 March 2022

Memory Is My Homeland - Rathfarnham Castle - room 2: The Pistol Loop Room

Last week I started the "virtual tour" of my exhibition Memory Is My Homeland in The Saloon of Rathfarnham Castle. You can see that post here and/or do a search on this blog for all the work related to this exhibition using the title of the exhibition as key words. The Pistol Loop room is a tower room accessed through a curved door at the back of The Saloon. It is an intimate space and ideal for my prints on handmade silk fibre sheets. There are three false walls in the room, with 2, 3 and 4 prints on each. Here are walls 1 and 2.


And closeups of each print: Hospitality and 


Spilt Tea on wall 1.


The second wall holds Prom Rail, Bray,


Prayers For My Children and


Visitors.


Here are walls 2 and 3.


This is the third wall showing its 4 prints.


Field Gate, Knockeen,


Clothes Peg,


Distance and 


Swing Chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment