Wednesday 30 January 2019

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Chinese New Year is next week, Tues Feb 5 2019 - Year of the Pig. At my house we will be having a little celebration feast on Saturday as it is more convenient for us. So in preparation, the decorations came out last weekend and it was my task to update the changing design we have for the heart decoration. I googled images of pigs and the Chinese character for pig, and did a quick sketch to see how the image would fit in the decoration.


I remember when my child was about three years old, we decorated a bunch of dragon line drawings. We put several on popsicle sticks and had a type of dragon puppet show. Now these dragons sit in vases for the festivities.


Red is considered lucky in China, so I reproduced my sketch in red ink and white-tacked it onto the decoration. This decoration has it's place on the door between the kitchen and hall. It will over-look our feast on Saturday evening.


 2019: Year of the Pig. Kung Hei Fat Choi!

No comments:

Post a Comment