Wednesday 10 August 2022

poetry

I was delighted to finally be able to pick up my copy of Stride, the latest book of poetry by Jim Trainer, whose poetry, prose and music I have been following for a number of years. Though the book was published before xmas last year, I had it posted to Canada, knowing that I'd be visiting this summer, as a protest against An Post's practice of double taxarion, which Revenue Ireland turns a blind eye to. In the end Revenue gets the tax income so they are happy enough to ignore any methods used by other government bodies. Not sure what An Post's reason is for deciding to tax on the postage from another country that already charges tax (and hence that is included with delivery costs of any item from anywhere!) but the excuse of "Brexit" doesn't hold water.


I was also happy to get the gorgeous black & silver broadside of the poem Recurrent.


While I was away my own poem, Theft, was published in Remington Review and I was delighted to be included in this online journal among other talented writers and artists.


Here is the poem Theft:

No comments:

Post a Comment